The front cover of the dust jacket depicts the general store built by Alex Esko in 1919 at the intersection of the Duluth-Twin City highway (now Thomson Road) and the Scanlon Road (now Highway 61). It was this intersection that soon became known as "Esko's Corner," as did the community that grew around the nearby Lincoln School, which opened in the fall of 1920. The name was shortened to Esko in 1935.
Book project committee members were Davis Helberg, chair; Frank Liupakka, vice chair; Lyle Colberg, treasurer; Connie Jacobson and Bonnie Korpi, secretaries; Brooke Bergstedt, Kathleen Burggraff, Robert D. Esko, Kristin Hiller, Rodney Ikola, C. Philip Johnson, Arvid Konu (deceased), Ken Nynas and Jan Puline (deceased). Clifford Johnson (deceased) and Jon A. Severson were also major contributors.
Questions or comments should be directed to Esko Historical Society, P.O. Box 83, Esko, MN 55733.
Or to Davis Helberg, editor 218-590-4570 or email@example.com